Hello and Happy Monday everyone!!
This week, I’m reflecting on a wonderful weekend and a few happy events in our life right now… this is my happiness list for this week…
Pure Happiness is…
– happy play dates
– art class sessions
– crafting, crafting and more crafting (mostly lalaloopsy stuff but lately we’re into foxes and woodsy things)
– home baked heart shaped cookies… the first of the Valentine’s Day season…(these cute ones were made by my sister and dropped off in a box by our front door when we weren’t home) the sweetest little thing to come home to.
– we’re into tortilla things of all kinds. a little veggie burger, various veggies etc. never disappoint
– plus seeing my belly growing is a really sweet sight which I can’t avoid… ;)
– Ms. G. was in a play which was really fun to watch (photo of her under a tree) we enrolled her in some drama classes and she’s been a great trooper getting into her characters so well ;) here she appeared as Dwarf #1 ;)
– our weekend was spent over some wine (drunk by the mr., not meee) and some homemade peanut butter cups – my latest recipe which will show up on the blog soon (of course, they needed to be ‘taste tested’ 3 times and I just kept making more and more… because there was never enough to keep for my recipe photo shoot ;)
– my husband loves a good game of chess and getting the little is always a great challenge for him ;)
– watching those two playing is a lovely sight and sound…. they have a blast and I can hear giggles across the house….
– on sunday, we went to my nephew’s b-day party – a really fun day for the kiddo – but can I just release some of my frustration…. if you ever find yourself committed to a diet change and think people will understand – they won’t. 5 years later and I’m pregnant and my sister just didn’t think that I would want to eat at a party too…. so it’s been a very emotional day (I haven’t had those for a while) I think the pregnancy hormones influenced my little breakdown of sadness. I eventually went nuts and bananas! (which means I reached for a banana and Brazil nuts I brought with me) sure they saved the day but I really didn’t think I would need them! oh well…. just always be prepared. Sorry for venting but it’s one of those things that gets stirred up once in a while. Food is emotional and it’s nice to be included – it’s especially nice when your own sister understands. But clearly she doesn’t… next time I just have to prep myself for the emotional challenge too ;)
– we came back home for the Superbowl and the night went by amazingly! A great game! And although I’m hardly a football fan it was nice to see everyone have a good time… for that moment captured, you have to visit my Instagram here ;)
Do share, what’s making you happy today?If you’re new to Pure Ella, please sign up for email updates and join me elsewhere: Facebook // Pinterest // Twitter // Instagram @pure_ella