Say hello to this deliciously amazing Quinoa Tabbouleh Salad – my kind of pure food that’s hearty, filling, vibrant AND gorgeous!!
I just love a big salad like this that can feed you as a meal or makes a great side dish for your dinner or bbq. This gorgeous loaded healthy summer salad just happens to be naturally gluten-free, vegan, all-natural and low-glycemic (which I just discussed in my last post “What is the Glycemic Index and why it’s life changing!” – be sure to read about this life-changing ‘diet’ alteration) ;)
Quinoa Tabbouleh Salad
A delicious, protein-rich, all-natural, gluten-free, vegan and low-glycemic Quinoa Tabbouleh Summer Salad recipe.
- 1 cup quinoa (previously cooked and cooled)
- 1 large English cucumber, chopped
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 a red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint
- 2 scallions (green onions), thinly sliced
- 1 can of chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
How to make a quinoa tabbouleh salad:
- Cook the quinoa as per instructions. Then strain and let cool.
- Meanwhile as the quinoa is cooking… prep all the veggies and herbs: cucumber, tomatoes, red pepper, parsley, mint, scallions, and place in a large bowl.
- Mix in the chickpeas and lemon juice, oil, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Add in quinoa when it’s ready and slightly cooled and toss to incorporate all the ingredients well.
This salad is great as a meal or a side dish for lunch or dinner, picnics or bbq dinners. A stunning summer potluck salad to bring to your friend’s place :)
Keeps well for up to 3 days. Store in the fridge in a sealed container.
This type of summer salad rocks for picnics and potlucks and basically anywhere you want delicious food served. This is one of my favourite ‘salad-as-a-meal’ recipes too – it’s got everything to make you feel full including great plant protein, healthy fats and veggies AND detoxing + blood purifying fresh herbs! :) Enjoy!!
Ella Leché is a cookbook author (‘Cut the Sugar‘), recipe developer, and photographer/stylist behind Pure Ella; where she shares delicious and healthy recipes. Eating PURE is clean ingredients, whole foods, plant-based nourishment and delicious desserts – with quality ingredients and sweeteners so they’re treats with benefits so you won’t have to feel deprived or restricted to eat healthier.
Thank YOU for being here!
Follow on social media for daily health & happiness inspiration:ps. don’t forget to share your Pure Ella (PE) recipe creations by tagging them #pureella and @pure_ella on Instagram – we repost our favourite photos!