I love it when healthy ingredients come together in a delicious way and I especially love to take food to the next level!
This Probiotic Chia Pudding with Summer Fruit is a great way to increase nutrition as chia seeds are already very nutritious but I elevated the chia pudding experience in a very beneficial way.
- 2 cups almond milk (or other plant-based milk)
- 1/2 cup Chia Seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon probiotic supplement
- drizzle of coconut nectar or other sweetener (optional) for serving
- In a medium bowl, whisk in chia seeds, vanilla extract and probiotic.
- Place in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight to let gel. Stir or whisk a few times within the first hour to help it gel evenly.
- To serve, top with a fruit serving and add a drizzle of sweetener if desired.
- I like to make this in the evening to have it ready for a fast breakfast the next day or snack in between meals.
- Add sweetener into the chia pudding as it's setting so it becomes sweeter and serve for dessert.
If you’re thinking beneficial as in beneficial bacteria, then that’s how I took this chia pudding experience to the next level. With the addition of probiotics, you can get complete nourishment with one bowl of goodness. Just like that – it’s super simple to live a healthy life. And it’s tastes pretty damn good too :)
Ella Leché is a cookbook author (‘Cut the Sugar‘), recipe developer, and photographer/stylist behind Pure Ella; where she shares delicious and healthy recipes. Eating PURE is clean ingredients, whole foods, plant-based nourishment and delicious desserts – with quality ingredients and sweeteners so they’re treats with benefits so you won’t have to feel deprived or restricted to eat healthier.
Thank YOU for being here!
Follow on social media for daily health & happiness inspiration:ps. don’t forget to share your Pure Ella (PE) recipe creations by tagging them #pureella and @pure_ella on Instagram – we repost our favourite photos!