Ok, WOW! I’m doing a quick post today for these amazing Raw Pecan Bars and I had to share because they are awesome! And it’s Friday and you people want a great treat for the weekend that takes 15 minutes to make from start to finish.
These are also inspired by my 5 Ingredient Date Squares which are VERY popular on Pure Ella ~ but I was after a dessert that’s super quick to make, so no-bake/ raw was the best decision ever!
These are also naturally gluten-free, grain-free, vegan and paleo. Which makes them pretty great but the best part is that they are made with ingredients that are good for you, clean and simple. And they although they are pretty sweet, they are refined-sugar-free which makes them much better for you. :)
- 1/4 cup almond flour or almonds
- 1/4 cup pecans
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup raw buckwheat groats
- 6-8 Medjool dates, pitted
- pinch of sea salt or Himalayan pink salt
- 1-2 tablespoons hot water
- 1 cup almond flour
- 6-8 Medjool dates, pitted
- 1/3 cup almond butter or cashew butter
- pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped for topping
- Prepare a dish with parchment paper.
- In a food processor, process the almonds, pecans, oats, buckwheat until a fine.
- Add in dates and salt and process until smooth.
- Add in a tablespoon of hot water if still too crumbly.
- Scoop onto the parchment paper lined dish and smooth evenly. Set aside.
- Continue to make the filling by mixing almond flour, dates, almond butter in the food processor until smooth.
- Distribute the filling over the base evenly.
- Press down the flaps of the parchment paper to smooth more evenly by running your hands down the parchment paper.
- Top with chopped pecans.
- Place in the refrigerator for about 4 hours or freezer for 2 hours to set. This makes them easier to cut and eat. But you can skip this step and just eat as soon as they are assembled.
- Keeps well in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
These Raw Pecan Bars are SO easy and simple to make and they are amazing! :)
This makes a great dessert that you can make ahead too and get it out of the way.
These are refined-sugar-free but there is sugar in them. They’re quite sweet so indulge with caution :)
I hope you enjoy these soon!
ps. I will update this post with tons more photos soon but this is just a quicky recipe for you all so you get to enjoy them faster! :) xo ella
Ella Leché is a cookbook author (‘Cut the Sugar‘), recipe developer, and photographer/stylist behind Pure Ella; where she shares delicious and healthy recipes. Eating PURE is clean ingredients, whole foods, plant-based nourishment and delicious desserts – with quality ingredients and sweeteners so they’re treats with benefits so you won’t have to feel deprived or restricted to eat healthier.
Thank YOU for being here!
Follow on social media for daily health & happiness inspiration:ps. don’t forget to share your Pure Ella (PE) recipe creations by tagging them #pureella and @pure_ella on Instagram – we repost our favourite photos!