OMG! What do you get when you take smoked tofu, enoki mushrooms and kelp noodles and drown them in a delicious smooth miso brine…. Holy WOW! This my friends: Smoked Tofu, Enoki and Kelp Noodle Miso Soup, duh? ;)
This is also um, AKA the best winter soup ever!! AKA a must try!!
- 1 1/2 L of water
- about 1 cup organic smoked tofu, cubed
- 2-4 tablespoons of miso paste
- 1/2 cup kelp noodles
- 1 package of enoki mushrooms
- 1/4 cup green onion, chopped
- sea salt, pepper or hot sauce to taste, optional
- Place water in a medium sauce pan and bring to a low simmer.
- Stir in the Miso paste. (I like to whisk it in so it's nice and smooth.
- (You can also add the miso paste into a small bowl, add a little hot water and whisk until smooth. Then add to the soup and stir. This will ensure it doesn’t clump.)
- Add in kelp noodles and cook for another 5 minutes or so.
- Taste and add more miso or a pinch of sea salt, pepper or hot sauce if desired.
- Ladle into bowls.
- Top with Enoki mushrooms and green onion. Serve hot.
- Super simple and healthy. Naturally gluten-free, grain-free and vegan.
- The kelp noodles you can find at a Chinese grocery store, look for all-natural ingredients.
- You can probably find the miso paste and enoki mushrooms too. However I purchase the miso at a health food store to ensure it's organic.