Today, is Thanksgiving Monday in Canada so I wish everyone here and everywhere a great day filled with lots of love and gratitude. We don’t need a holiday to remind us of showing GRATITUDE in our life – right??? So even if you’re not enjoying a long weekend today, I hope you can still reflect and find things that you’re grateful for.
Here are a few ways on how to be more ‘thankful’ in our daily life:
- start your day with GRATITUDE. Upon waking, even before you get out of bed, try to think of 5 things that you are grateful for.
- try to find a few minutes during the day to reflect and appreciate things and people in your life.
- start a GRATITUDE JOURNAL. (this is a great one that I even used), but any journal or notebook would do, try to sit down or while in bed and going to sleep, write down a few things that you are thankful for on that day. Journaling is an excellent therapy tool and this is a great way to focus on the positive in your life.
Today, on Monday Motivation, it’s not really about taking control of your ‘to do’ list, but to reflect and show that you care and are thankful for the good things in your life. Think of 5 things you are grateful for today and write them down!
I am grateful for:
- my daughter - and the love she showers me with everyday… hearing ‘I love you mommy’ is the biggest moment I am thankful that she’s mine
- my husband – who sticks through the tough times and still tries to make me laugh everyday
- for me - (no this isn’t about being selfish ;) – I and thankful for not giving up on me when I felt my weakest with the Myasthenia Gravis disease. I could not walk, speak, eat – and yet I pulled enough courage to change my life around and get better. I am very thankful for ME ;)
- my friends and family – who help me unwind and have fun even during moments of complete chaos
- my environment - my home, my neighbourhood, how it’s such a lovely area that we can take off on beautiful wooded trails and be lost for hours or even recharge for a brisk few minutes. (I feel like my environment isn’t only ‘natural’ so I am totally including the internet on this one – because I can share my thoughts, emotions, and happiness with so many beautiful people all over the world ;) – so THANK YOU to each and everyone of you reading this for being my friend!
What are you most grateful for in your life this moment? Please share in the comments below:
Back to Blog