These Cider Maple Baked Beans with Sweet Potatoes are so delicious and make such great comfort food.
See below for recipe from the cookbook and a few of my edits.
- 3 cups dried white kidney beans
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup tomato paste
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (to taste)*
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 dried bay leaves
- 3 - 4 cups water **
- 2-3 medium sweet potatoes (use leftovers)
- Place all the ingredients in the pressure cooker and cook for 6-7 hours on a low/ medium setting until tender. Adjust seasoning. Enjoy with sweet potatoes and fresh thyme.
- * recipe calls for 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- ** recipe calls for fresh apple cider but I prefer water in this recipe.
- The recipe in the cookbook includes 6 slices bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces, but I omitted this ingredient to make this a vegan recipe.
This recipe is super quick and easy to make. You just drop in all the ingredients and set to the proper setting and have a delicious meal. This pressure cooker is great for busy folks who want to conveniently cook a meal overnight or while they’re at work. Great for busy families or lazy people who want little effort in cooking.