So here’s a fun super easy and quick side dish for ya ~ Heart of Palm Tomato Dill Salad. A simple (pretty much 2 key-ingredient) side dish with a splash of olive oil and fresh dill for topping. Ta da! Sometimes all you need is a good side dish for the dinner table, to go into your lunch box or to go with your first BBQ of the season.
This is my latest spring side dishes because it also makes me reach for a pantry item. A jar of heart of palm is nice to have around.
You literally whip this salad in less than 3 minutes. And it’s nice to have a few side salads because you never know what people will like.
Bonus – this spring side salad is gluten-free, vegan and paleo.
- 1 small jar of heart of palm
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- pinch sea salt and pepper to taste
- a few springs fresh dill, chopped
- Halve the tomatoes and set aside. Strain the heart of palm.
- In a medium bowl, combine the heart of palm, cherry tomatoes, dill and season to taste.
- Keeps well in the refrigerator up to 3 days.
Ella Leché is a cookbook author (‘Cut the Sugar‘), recipe developer, and photographer/stylist behind Pure Ella; where she shares delicious and healthy recipes. Eating PURE is clean ingredients, whole foods, plant-based nourishment and delicious desserts – with quality ingredients and sweeteners so they’re treats with benefits so you won’t have to feel deprived or restricted to eat healthier.
Thank YOU for being here!
Follow on social media for daily health & happiness inspiration:ps. don’t forget to share your Pure Ella (PE) recipe creations by tagging them #pureella and @pure_ella on Instagram – we repost our favourite photos!